A WordPress blog is a great tool for your business. But not if it’s hastily put together, with no attention to what your goal is.
Why build a WordPress blog?
WordPress is the most popular blogging software around. With a self-hosted blog, you have complete control and ownership of your blog and its content. But it doesn’t stop there. With tons of themes, plugins and widgets, you can create the blog you have always dreamed of. And with all of this comes flexibility and the ease to grow your blog as your needs change.
Part of a successful blog is just learning how to do it right—from the start.
The best time to get it right is in the beginning. You want a good foundation for your blog, one that will support all the good things you want to do.
This isn’t just another WordPress video series
The lessons from my online Build Your WordPress Blog course give you all the tools you need to build and launch a rocking blog. This class includes:
• Access to 53 hands-on lessons.
• High Definition videos that can easily be viewed in full screen mode.
• Key points with all videos that include text and screenshots of major points of each video that you can easily revisit without having to watch the video again.
• Step-by-step videos for setting up the Genesis Framework and a 3 Child Themes – Prose, Metro Pro and Eleven40 Pro
• Video tutorials on how to set up the premium plugins Gravity Forms and BackupBuddy.
• Tips and tutorials to help you with you content on your blog and getting the best use of social media.
• Video tutorials on Genesis specific plugins that allow you to customize your site without knowing code.
• Check-off lists to help you keep track of your setup and management tasks.
And best of all, once you have completed all the lessons, you’ll have a well-developed blog ready to go live—and all the skills you need to manage it.
In this Video Tutorial Package – 4 Courses – 53 Lessons
Goals: Identify your blog’s goal and basic features. We’ll look at the importance of a good foundation upon which to build your blog, what features you’ll need, how to install your theme and how to do a basic blog setup.
Topics: Installing WordPress on your host; dashboard basics; theme installation; creating pages and posts: using categories and tags; adding photos to posts and pages.
Goals: Add to your basic structure to accomplish your individual goals. We look at the elements and features you need for your specific audience. Your goal is to create the structure that works best for your readers.
Topics: Genesis child themes: Prose, Eleven40 Pro and Metro Pro setup; adding and using plugins and widgets; creating navigation menus; basic search engine optimization; creating your About and Contact pages.
Goals: Increase your blog’s reach and social shares. We dig into tools to get your content read and shared more, tips for setting up and managing your comments and why and how to encourage your readers to subscribe to your blog.
Topics: Useful plugins for social sharing; choosing and setting up your commenting system; getting and leaving useful comments; promoting your blog on social media; what is RSS and why should you use it.
Goals: Set up and track your goal to measure success and keep your blog secure with regular back-ups. You have done the hard work. Now it’s time to be sure that it pays off. We’ll review tools for analyzing your blog’s performance, tips for setting up your blogging schedule and ideas for writing that first post.
Topics: Backing up and updating your blog; writing headlines; setting up Google Analytics; optional final plugins; final pre-launch checklist; writing and publishing your first post.