WordPress has over time secured its place as the number one choice of content management systems in the world and more than 60% of websites that make use of CMS on the internet based the design of their websites on WordPress.
As a matter of fact, for every five websites on the internet, one of them is designed with WordPress and 100,000 new websites come online daily with WordPress as the basis of their designs.
What makes WordPress so preferred?
That is the most logical question to ask next and in this article we will be looking at why WordPress CMS should be used and the advantages of using WordPress CMS.
Why to use WordPress CMS
- It is open-source: To make use of WordPress CMS, you do not have to spend a penny. You do not have to pay for updates and security either. Its open-source nature is WordPress’s biggest strength as users can do whatever they like with it and its publicly available source codes.
- SEO is easy: WordPress has highly effective SEO features and this is what every website owner wants. A website that can rank high in search engine results.
- Ease of Usage: Use of WordPress is pretty straightforward and you do not have to be deeply rooted in website designing or development to use WordPress.
- Maturity and Reputation: WordPress has been around for more than ten years so users have no fear of a sudden crash or wiping of data.it has over the years been improved, refined and trusted by big companies who run their platforms on WordPress.
Advantages of WordPress CMS
- Easy: WordPress unlike other CMSs like Joomla or Drupal does not require any knowledge of HTML or PHP in order to have a website up. It’s a good choice for beginners as all they have to do is choose a template or plugin and install.
- Community: WordPress has a large community of users to provide support. This way, if a user runs into a problem, they can share their problem with other expert users or other users who have experienced similar problems in the past.
- Unlimited Plugins: WordPress CMS offers users more than ten thousand Plugins and this is the main reason why WordPress is considered to be a content management system. The good thing is most of these plugins are actually free.
- Templates: There are thousands of already designed graphics templates from which users can choose the look of their website. There are free templates as well as paid templates (which are usually more interesting and advanced).
- Management of Menu: The menu management of WordPress has extended functionalities which makes the menu accommodate more categories, pages and other features.
When it comes to creating simple websites or even complex websites as the case may be, WordPress is quite easy and simple to use. For beginners who are not looking to do too much work WordPress is a very suitable choice.